Friday, March 21, 2008

Just a post

I thought I ought to post so that others could not call me a hypocrite. We have been enjoying our week. Days start off slowly with cartoons in the mix. Then they rev up to school, running around town for activities, and preparations for Easter. This year I get to cook the Easter meal. Can you believe that I've never cooked a ham before? Any suggestions for the perfect ham? Well, I'm sure it will be hard to attain PA standards, but I will try my best. Last night we participated in our church Seder. Emily was really looking forward to it. She understands the background of the whole process. She keeps giggling about the fact that we have pizza at the end. "I still don't know what pizza has to do with it", she says with an 8 yr old all knowing smirk. Eric liked the matzo. We had 150 people attend! Tonight we will go back to church for a more somber service. I always like this time of year. It is refreshing how God uses this remembering time to laden our souls with the truth. I can't walk one step without remembering. And I've noticed many friends and acquaintances experiencing something similar. Christian friends have commented on feeling a fresh introspection. And one acquaintances commented that she feels like she is missing something. Now that is the beginning of a new hope! Although I am lamenting not being in PA this season, I feel good about being home. There is feeling of connection to my neighbors and friends, and I sense opportunity. Much love to you all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post, Heather! And it helps me feel better about you being so far from us this Easter!! You can look for an Easter box coming your way from here sometime after Easter -- I had hoped to get it off to you sooner but between this and that and things not always going as planned this past week it's not going to happen till after the weekend. We love you guys bunches. jane

Anonymous said...

Heather! I miss you!!
~Marie

Zel said...

We can lament missing Easter in Pa together. It was good to have it here with new friends, but it's not home and that makes it feel not quite Easter enough...

And tell Emily that she had every right to snicker about the pizza. Pizza at a seder!? What is the world coming to?